Indirect Speech (II):
例如：this-that; these-those; now-then; last week-the week before; next week-the next week; here-there etc.
He said: "I want to go swimming."
He said that be wanted to go swimming.
She said to me: "I saw you last week."
She told me she had seen me the week before.
The old man said: "We have returned for a week."
The old man said they had returned for a week.
"Open the window, please." said my mother.
My mother told/asked me to open the window.
He ordered me: "Don't walk so fast."
He told me not to walk so fast.
Fill in the blanks with proper words:
1. He said he ________ (see) the film already.
2. She said they ________ (return) to
3. I told the boy ________ (stand up) at once.
4. They told us we ________ (win) the first prize.
5. It said that the earth ________ (go) around the sun.
6. He said when we ________ (come) in, he ________ (read) a book.
7. That lady ________ (sell) her jewellery last month.
8. Till yesterday, that lady ________ (sell out) all her jewellery.
9. There ________ (be) an important meeting this evening.
Translate the following sentences: